Recent content by bperrybap

1. B

Adding Print class printf() format string vs arguments checking

Obviously it will be larger since xxprintf() has lots of formatting capabilities whereas the Arduino Print class has very limited formatting capabilities. But back to the issue that Paul brought up, it is highly annoying that the printf() format checking routines are not smart enough to treat...
  2. B

Nice. I'm obviously behind on my C standards...
  3. B

Tried what? Compared to what? using PRIu32 vs using the a hard coded format type changing memory usage doesn't make sense to me. What exactly were you comparing. Can you show the two sketches? --- bill
  4. B

bummer. I just did some testing on linux and it has become a bit difficult to create portable printf format strings. We now have good portable types in <stdint.h> and now there are some portable printf format helper types/macros in <inttypes.h> but they are clunky. Then there are somewhat...
  5. B

It is possible to get gcc to sanity check that the arguments handed to the Print class printf() functions match the format string. All you have to do is add a format attribute to their declarations in Print.h I created a github issue for this: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/issues/485...
  6. B

Update Teensy product page

Paul, Could you do an update to the teensy product page here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/ The products listed don't match the products in the table below them. It would be nice to update the table with the current products. Thanks --- bill
  7. B

Teensyduino 1.30 Beta #2 Available

Paul, I'm curious as to how you intend to handle the IDE 1.6.10 AVR PIN_A0 to PIN_A7 names that collide with existing Teensy++ defines. There is no way to fully resolve this to support both the new 1.6.10 IDE analog pin defines and and be fully backward compatible with Teensy PORTA pin defines...
  8. B

K66 Beta Test

Paul, Have the board names, board defines, and MCU defines been finalized? I saw in post #48 that you were still undecided. Have you finalized on: "Teensy 3.4", TEENSY34, __MK64FX512__ "Teensy 3.5", TEENSY35, __MK66FX1M0__ I need to know these to complete the openGLCD code updates and...
  9. B

K66 Beta Test

While I agree that the systems capable of running 64bit native integers should be using 64 bit time_t values, using 32 bit time_t values (the 2038 problem) isn't always as big of a deal as you might think While the 2038 problem is a much bigger deal than the Y2K issue that scared so many people...
  10. B

K66 Beta Test

Ok, so what issue are you having with openGLCD? I'm doing some updates to make it better, but the latest openGLCD release without these updates works "as is" for me. --- bill
  11. B

K66 Beta Test

You can buy a USB logic analyzer starting at under $10 USD that can easily handle multiple i2c buses. And then use some free open source s/w (sigrok) on it that decodes all the signals, so it isn't a big investment in terms of $ You really need test tools like this to play at this level. But...
  12. B

K66 Beta Test

Guys, i2c debugging typically involves looking at the i2c signals with a logic analyzer, to look for signal issues and see the state of signals when the s/w starts to have issues. With an analyzer tracing on all the busses as once, you could see things were happing on the wrong bus, or if SCK...
  13. B

K66 Beta Test

From that description, I would say that the code is wrong and should be corrected/changed. setClock() should set the raw i2c SCL clock rate on the bus. All the specs in datasheeets for i2c bit rates are based on a maximum SCL clock bit rate not a desired/theoretical/measured actual data rate of...
  14. B

K66 Beta Test

nox771, It is hard to tell from that table how the requested bit rate maps to an actual SCL bit rate. I'm assuming that the table above is a bit backwards. In other words, the "Actual Rate" column is showing the SCL rate that would need to be requested/set to get the data bit rate in the first...
  15. B

K66 Beta Test

Good News. I just did a test with openGLCD. Since the board is not recognized, opgnGLCD drops into a "corecode" mode which is supposed to work on any board. And it worked "out of the box" on the K66 board using TeensDuino 1.29-beta3 and the Teensy 3.5 board. It passed full diags (writes and...
Back