Recent content by Headroom

1. H

Disconnecting from I2C bus possible ?

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll see if I get this running and report back if successful.
  2. H

Disconnecting from I2C bus possible ?

I am building a simple test rig for I2C controlled devices (LED drivers) that I can control from TouchOSC. The TouchOSC/WiFi/Bonjour and I2C parts are already working, but what I am wondering is whether I can safely disconnect a device from the I2C bus without having to power down the test rig...
  3. H

Teensy 3.6 with Ethernet

Easiest route is probably the WIZ820io. It's smaller and much faster than the WIZ812 and directly supports by the Ethernet library that comes with Teensyduino.
  4. H

Help with Coding to get LED's Working as I would Like

The key to this is likely elapsedMillis.
  5. H

New I2C library for Teensy3

To me attempting to use a timeout to address what likely are electrical/signal problems seems not a good approach. Have you checked signals with an oscilloscope and verified that that's all OK ? Would you have some more detail at what frequency you are running the I2C bus, wire length, type of...
  6. H

K66 Beta Test

https://github.com/CNMAT/OSC ;-)
  7. H

Odd question #2: What programs do you use for schematic capture and board layout?

I've used the free version of Eagle for a number of projects. The nice thing with Eagle is that it also works natively on Mac OS X. For the most recent project that included unusual shaped PCBs with cut-outs and Components at odd angles I used Altium CirquitMaker and it's been a very pleasant...
  8. H

Teensy 3.1 with Wiznet WIZ820io crashes

You are aware of this thread ?
  9. H

Teensy LC PWM Pins and timers

This is the project that I initially started the thread for I can confirm that this works beautifully. I am using Teensy LC's for these little lamps.
  10. H

Teensy EMC sensibility (electromagnetic immunity)

Thanks for confirming that assumption. Not having that capacitor is a design error ;-)
  11. H

EEPROM issues

yes, you did not post any code ;-)
  12. H

Media center build, ir remote only works with serial connection

Have you tested your IR code to see if it recognizes the IR signals from your remote ?
  13. H

teensy 3 MAC address

What Ethernet module do you have ? Some come with their own mac address and this would not work The WIZ830io does not have it's own mac address and you can use the Teensy mac address for that. I am off to work now but can post code tonight.
  14. H

Teensy 3.2 , and I2C

Here's a link to the tips-&-tricks thread. I believe that also includes a link to the microcontroller spec sheet. What value pull-up are you using on what length of what sort of wire ? Are you running the bus at 3.3V or at 5V ? What environment are you running this in ? This application note...
  15. H

Teensy 3.2 , and I2C

In case of high bus capacitance my suggestion would be to use an I2C bus buffer. I've had excellent results with the PCA9600. I've run it at 600KHz over 14 feet of CAT5 cable without problems and with the signal still looking crisp, so there's some headroom. This was with 11 I2C devices on the...
Back