Recent content by MichaelMeissner

1. MichaelMeissner

is TeensyTransfer built for Apple Silicon?

I only use Linux, but in general your system's standard file explorer should be able to see the Teensy and allow you to cut/paste files without having to run any other programs. There are previous threads about MTP that talk about people using it on the MAC.
  2. MichaelMeissner

is TeensyTransfer built for Apple Silicon?

The better way these days is to use MTP. Here is a post from January 6th, 2024 that I made about using MTP.
  3. MichaelMeissner

Teensy 3.2

In terms of existing designs, there are at least 2 things that the Teensy 4.0/4.1 just does not have (analog output on pin A14 that can be used to play music and the ability for digital pins to receive 5 volts of input from 5 volt devices).
  4. MichaelMeissner

3.2 to 4.0 teensy nextion display code

Do note that the pins used for the serial ports are different between the Teensy 3.2 and Teensy 4.x. On the Teensy 3.2, Serial2 was on pins 9 (RX2) and 10 (TX2). On the Teensy 4.x, Serial2 is on pins 7 (RX2) and 8 (TX2). On both Teensies, only Serial1 has the same pins (0,1). On the Teensy...
  5. MichaelMeissner

Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive

True to the title of the thread, I was wiring up the two new eyes I bought (see the previous post, #151). Now of course these new eyes have a different wiring layout than the previous eyes. So to test them out, I added jumper wires to the breadboard where I have the set of round eyes (with the...
  6. MichaelMeissner

Using Waveshare 1.14" w/Teensy 4.1

Yes it would be helpful to have the code. I don't have that display, but the pins are: VIN -- connect to the Teensy 3.3v (on a few rare displays connect to VIN instead of 3.3v); GND -- connect to the Teensy ground pin; DIN -- connect to pin 11; CLK -- connect to pin 13; CS -- this can be any...
  7. MichaelMeissner

teensy4.1 vs 3.5/3.6

I forgot to mention, I did a google spread sheet on various microprocessors: Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LSi0c17iqtvpKuNSYksMG306_FpWdJcniSRR6aGNNYQ/edit?usp=sharing The first sheet tries to compare each of the pins in common layouts The second sheet tries to give an...
  8. MichaelMeissner

teensy4.1 vs 3.5/3.6

I wrote this list about Teensy compatability several years ago: https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Teensy-Compatibility
  9. MichaelMeissner

cabled I2C PCB considerations

I probably wasn't clear. I meant you would put a cheap microprocessor at the remote end along with all of the I/O expanders to handle the buttons. That microprocessor does the button reading using the 4 or so I2C expanders, and it uses a single UART to communicate reading the buttons. I would...
  10. MichaelMeissner

Has a Teensy 4 ever been space qualified or used in a space craft?

I vaguely remember some space related posts. I did a google search, but I didn't remember most of these. I suspect they don't meet the criteria of space qualified (but with it in several amateur rockets, maybe it is near space)...
  11. MichaelMeissner

cabled I2C PCB considerations

Another thought might be to put a cheap microprocessor at the remote end that watches the buttons, and communicates the results over a serial UART, using something like RS-422 or RS-485 (or even home-brew connection with checksums).
  12. MichaelMeissner

Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive

FWIW, I was on fleabay and I noticed a US seller (datacenterliquidation) selling the GC9A01 round displays that have a squarish PCB under them for $4-ish plus s/h (i.e. you will need to hide the PCB in your build). I was able to pick up 4 spares for $22.26. I probably have a few spares...
  13. MichaelMeissner

What is the maximum extra psram on a teensy 4.1?

Note, in the flash memory slot on the Teensy 4.1, you can put larger flash memory chips. The largest that I'm aware of is a 256MB/2G-bit NAND Flash chip (Winbond W25N02KVZEIR). You would use the LittleFS_QPINAND constructor with Littlefs to access it as a file system. Whether you can access...
  14. MichaelMeissner

Audio Shield, Teensy 4.1, Neotrellis and other I2C devices

I2C is a shared bus. As long as the devices addresses don't overlap, you should be able to put the trellis on the standard I2C bus. The Teensy audio shield uses addresses 0x0A and 0x1A to set up the parameters for the audio shield. If you use a third party library like the trellis library, it...
  15. MichaelMeissner

Recording video in Teensy

Well maybe it can handle it, maybe not. But I suspect it may be a lot of work. If you aren't interested in doing the work and learning stuff, etc. it may be better to buy something off the shelf that already has most of the functionality you want.
Back