Recent content by MuShoo

1. M

K66 Beta Test

Well, looks like I'm rather late to this party! I haven't read through the thread yet, but definitely interested to get one of the round 3 boards! I'll probably try and do some weird MIDI things with it, specifically seeing how easily I can port over my multi-port MIDI stuff, that kind of...
  2. M

USB Connectivity on custom Board

I'll just chime in, and note that USB data lines should be kept in parallel (in Eagle you can 'link' two traces by labeling one _N and one _P, I believe). There's also a function to add a little bit of length to only one side of this differential dual-trace, so that both traces are the exact...
  3. M

Teensy driving floppy drives via MIDI

I would like a build tutorial for this! Have a few floppies sitting around, would be fun to play with. *Edit: because it looks very cool!
  4. M

Adaption of teensy_loader_cli for Teensy 3.1

Ooooooh! Works here fine, OSX 10.9.5. I built using the OSX 10.6 SDK (10.5 SDK was giving me a 'clang' error). Tested uploading to a custom-PCB teensy, works a charm! I can attach my built file, if anyone wants it.
  5. M

Adaption of teensy_loader_cli for Teensy 3.1

From what I recall, it's something along the lines of this: On Mac, the USB/IO library doesn't actually work as documented. Specifically, a function that is designed to wait/callback after a request is sent doesn't actually do anything. Nothing I've found seems to indicate it's been fixed (Paul...
  6. M

Special closeout sale on Teensy 3.1

How's the inventory looking like on the old MINI54 preprogrammed chips?
  7. M

Using Swift (OS X) to communicate with Teensys - any experience here?

I'd be interested in that 'hello world' swift app - i think. I haven't bit the bullet and upgraded to Yosemite yet, so apparently Swift 2 is unavailable to me. Mostly I'm interested because I'm, at some point in the nearish future, attempt to get the teensy_loader_cli working in OSX (somehow...
  8. M

Is there a market for a Teensy 3.1 48 pin ARM stamp?

Probably half of those views are from people like me, who just enjoy the drama this thread has created. If you want to run a company that way, you're free to - Paul has no obligation to run his company to your standards. Paul can do what he likes with his company, and there's really not much...
  9. M

Any Chance of a Teensy ++ 3.1?

Well, playing devil's advocate to myself from earlier in the thread, there ARE moments when custom PCBs are necessary. Since my latest version of this device is almost entirely SMT, there were a couple components that just... didn't have a breakout board. At all. Namely, my cypress USB hub...
  10. M

@mxxx, I guess you and i go about things very differently - I'd much prefer to breadboard something first, and then make a PCB once I've confirmed the breadboard schematic. That's what breakout boards are for. Yes, PCBs are pretty cheap, but I still can't design a schematic and get a PCB made...
  11. M

I've only ever used a teensy on a breadboard for prototyping (and then designed a custom board around the Teensy 3.1 schematic). For prototyping, breadboards are... there's nothing better. Keeping the option for a teensy to sit in a breadboard is very, very important. It doesn't need to last...
  12. M

Extending USB to external connector

Depending on the final goals for this project (are you planning to sell it? as a kit or a 'finished device'?) you might be fine and it might be terrible. USB can be finicky - if you do use jumper wires from the pads, make sure they're all *Exactly* (or very, very close) to the same length. USB...
  13. M

I've been using these: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=HFZ040CT-ND in a product. They certainly aren't cheap, but they work very well and keep a very strong connection once locked. Pain in the ass to hand-solder, though.
  14. M

The 144 (.5mm pitch) wouldn't work? I mean, i'm assuming it wouldn't work due to the sheer size of it, but .5mm pin pitch isn't bad at all. The current 3.1 chips are .5mm pin pitch. Edit: the .65mm/.4mm BGA pitch would be a nightmare to route - vias-in-pad would be the only way I could think...
  15. M

USBMidi Can I Do This?

I found this: http://makezine.com/2010/11/30/usbhacking/ So that should... work? I'm not sure. It seems a bit overly complex, to me - your whole collection of bits to get these two particular things talking to each other. I'd think it would be simpler (and probably cheaper!) to find something...
Back