Accidently broked R2,L2,C29,C21 in teensy4.1

lokesh tanwar

While desoldering the teensy 4.1 i broke R2,L2,C29,C21 l2 i can short circuit but what can i do for r2,c29,c21 what if i do not place them aur short them or what is the easiest and fastest way to make the teensy work please help me there is a deadline till next week for my project.

R2 is used for the red LED which shows bootloader status. Teensy 4.1 can work without this LED.

C21 and C29 are 3.3V decoupling capacitors. C21 is close to the SD socket and QSPI pads. C29 is close to the ethernet chip. Teensy 4.1 can probably work without these capacitors, but you may have noisy power supply if using ethernet or a SD card or if you have added a PSRAM chip.

R2 is used for the red LED which shows bootloader status. Teensy 4.1 can work without this LED.

C21 and C29 are 3.3V decoupling capacitors. C21 is close to the SD socket and QSPI pads. C29 is close to the ethernet chip. Teensy 4.1 can probably work without these capacitors, but you may have noisy power supply if using ethernet or a SD card or if you have added a PSRAM chip.
I am using a SD card for data logging will the noise caused due to absence of C21 decoupling capacitor cause problem to the SD card or any serial, I2c protocol Or pwm signal. As I am using these. I am also using a analog voltage sensor but I can handle noise in that. Can you please put light on these.

Maybe. There is no 100% certain answer. The power quality will be lower, but I can not predict whether the lower quality will manifest as problems in your application.

You should begin testing to answer this question for yourself, specific to your application. Or buy a replacement Teensy 4.1.

Thanks a lot for the guidance and solving my queries at the earliest, I have made the order will see if it will arrive by the time.
Maybe. There is no 100% certain answer. The power quality will be lower, but I can not predict whether the lower quality will manifest as problems in your application.

You should begin testing to answer this question for yourself, specific to your application. Or buy a replacement Teensy 4.1.

Best thing you can do while you wait for replacement hardware is extensively test your application running on the damaged board.

If it runs successfully for the rest of this week, perhaps that will be good enough to meet your deadline next week.

Back