Search results

1. F

How to geat PEAK and FFT values from AudioPlaySdWav (always null)

Hmm, not sure what I am doing wrong... When doing peak.available() or fft.available() its always returning 0 :( #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioPlaySdWav playWav1...
  2. F

Help: Playing wav from teensy 3.6 built-in SD while still using audio shield

@paul, what do you think is the state of the audio shield when those pins measure 1.4V and 3.3V ?
  3. F

Good Teensy GFX and Game Library ???

Okay, yes i see the time for fill-screen on 480x320 is ~100000us = 0.1s = 10fps on other demos. Thanks for your reply. It looks like the HX8357_t3n library is on par with the esp32 ones. Optimizations to achieve 60fps has to be done in how the screen is updated/drawn.
  4. F

Doing a test with teensy and a 480x320 tft I was able to achieve a max fps of just 10 when clearing all pixels each loop. This is running HX8357_t3n which KurtE confirmed is about the max fps for that display. I am seeing demos online of esp32 + TFT_eSPI achieving 60fps for 480x320, and even...
  5. F

Thanks! Those libs are cool, but still a ways to go, and not specifically relevant for my project given I am not using VGA in any way... Guess this project will be a bit more difficult than I thought. Maybe there will one day be an amazing Teensy Graphics lib in the same way there is the...
  6. F

Hello, I am having difficulty finding a graphics library for Teensy4 that handles such things as animated sprites, collisions, lines, shapes, fill, text, and optimizations to be rendered to a TFT over SPI. I found a great one for ESP32 http://www.fabglib.org/ that does just what I am looking...
  7. F

Audio Recorder, Can't Hear Playback

It's working well now. Added a 2.5W amplifier to the line out. And most importantly, hooked up an AGC microphone module, which eliminated all the noise.
  8. F

Ah yes okay I will connect the line to some amplification and try again. I tried headphones. Any reason why I could not hear anything through headphones? Is there a way in the code to specify line-out versus headphones? Or is it always outputting to both? thanks.
  9. F

Hello, This is my very first test with the Teensy Audio Library so probably just make a basic error. Simply, can't hear any playback from the recording in the Recorder Example. I have tested audio both out of the headphones and the Line Out with a 0.5W speaker. All the buttons seem to be...
  10. F

Anyone want to collaborate on a Teensy audio effects "thingy"?

This would be great, yes, thank you. It sounds quite advanced for me but I would love to see the code and teensy-audio-gui layout (if you have it) I also found this: https://youtu.be/Is2dHl0MkUs which has some nice use of teensy memory for freeze/delay.
  11. F

Anyone want to collaborate on a Teensy audio effects "thingy"?

Hello, I have spent quite a bit of time reading at the audio-design tool for teensy as well as looking at the examples but truthfully I don't have much intuition around what would sound good. Tomash, built a pretty rad filter/delay pedal with this approach...
  12. F

Rotary encoders on i/o expander 16x

@vjmuzik rad. If you could share your code, that would be massively helpful :)
  13. F

Rotary encoders on i/o expander 16x

Paul's encoder library on Teensy works extremely well, yes! I am working on a project and need additional i/o for encoders. I am curious if there is an i/o expander for encoders that can work just as well? I would like to add 16 additional encoders. I have used i/o expanders for pushbuttons...
  14. F

sample/manipulate/jam instrument w/ Teensy. Possible???

Hey gang! So I am considering building a audio sample/manipulate/jam (SAMAJA?) type instrument with the Teensy3.5 + Audio Adapter. You can think of the instrument as a crude mashup between the volca sample and the op1 and the electribe 2. But obviously much much much simpler than those. The...
  15. F

TFT LCD displaying BMP as fast as possible (ILI9341_t3)

Paul do you mind just posting the Arduino code you are using and I will test it on my end? This way we can see if it is my SD card or my BMP file.
  16. F

Sorry my bad. I didnt have the code configured right. Good news, it is running at ~500ms. Let's be ambitious and try for 100ms. Initializing SD card...OK! Loading image 'm0.bmp' File size: 230456 Image Offset: 54 Header size: 40 Bit Depth: 24 Image size: 240x320 Loaded in 524 ms Seek: 6589...
  17. F

Paul, Unfortunately still taking > 1s: Loading image 'm0.bmp' File size: 230456 Image Offset: 54 Header size: 40 Bit Depth: 24 Image size: 240x320 Loaded in 1047 ms And also now drawing a completely glitched out BMP. I haven't tackled the 8bit code, but might have to. Of course I will...
  18. F

Niiiiice! That is certainly an improvement. Any thoughts on that 8bit BMP goodness?
  19. F

Okay. That's fine. Because 8bit BMP files will be exactly 1/3 the size of 24bit. So using my math skills, we should be able to get it down to ~230ms ??? Playing with the buffer didn't help at all?
  20. F

Oh I will definitely run a performance test and compare your 8bit with adafruits 24bit. no problem!
  21. F

I did find http://home.comcast.net/~elmoi/bmpvu.c from WINDOWS '98! Paul I am gonna boldly request you bless us with your genius and write a c file that can ready 8bit BMP files :] Then finally these LCDs will be of use to designers and not crippled by this 1FPS performance.
  22. F

I tried the adafruit ILI9341 library and it takes about 1000ms for a 320x240 (~320kb) BMP to be drawn. I then tried Paul's optimized library (https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/ILI9341_t3) and it takes about 800ms for the same BMP to be drawn. Nice! Is there any way we can enable 8bit BMP files...
  23. F

Major Micro SD Weirdness w/ Teensy3.0

I also just tried with the Teensy optimized SD library paul wrote. improvement. now it works if you power on/off. reset on teensy results in the same issue. but i think with a hard power off-on i should be good to go.
  24. F

Hey Paul. I just tried it. Unfortunately no luck.
  25. F

oh right -- code! https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_ILI9341/blob/master/examples/spitftbitmap/spitftbitmap.ino tested on arduino uno with the same code without any issues. but have to use Teensy for this project for geometric reasons.
  26. F

I am using Teensy3.0 with an adafruit LCD (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-4-color-tft-touchscreen-breakout/bitmaps-spi-mode). Everything is working reasonably well and I am able to display BMP files. BUT. It only works the first time I insert the micro SD card. If I restart the Teensy or...
  27. F

Teensy Synth? (for Dummies)

Hey gang. After discovering http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/ and begining to understand some of the audio potential of Teensy3, I am keen to start experiemnting with a Teensy Synth. Can someone recommend a good way to simulate the sounds, or learn more about synthesis, in a way that will help...
  28. F

Using the Encoder library with pointers

It's been a while. Really hoping this can get resolved soon. Need this for TeensyMonster, which is launching very soon.
  29. F

Teensy3 + Mac + Serial = :[

Here is a video I made to (maybe) help resolve this problems. If you have any idea what is causing these inconsistencies, or any idea why 10.6.8 is causing my Teensy boards to become dysfunctional - please let me know. Thanks again. ~Fuzzy
  30. F

Macintosh Teensy3 Errors (fixed by Teensyduino version 1.16)

I just started using my Teensy3 today for touchRead()... I will update you if I determine exactly what induces this goofiness...
  31. F

10.6.8 Plugged directly in. I dont have a hub.
  32. F

The problem keeps occurring, forcing me to restart...
  33. F

Restarted my computer, everything went back to normal. Teensy3 is working fine now. Oldest trick in the book.
  34. F

Paul, just wondering if you have any idea what is going on? (Arduino 1.0.5, Teensyduino, Teensy3) Here is the trend. Teensy3 is not visible in serial port. I click upload, it asks me to reset the board. I reset, Teensy3 is now (magically) visible in serial port. I proceed to upload...
  35. F

Teensy2++ Not Visible In Serial Port

I did a quick test. Both Teensy2++'s have 0.3V across them when plugged into USB. The Teensy2 has 5.0V (as expected). These boards seem fried. But for no reason. All I was doing was uploading code and had nothing plugged into them at the time. Yikes, how did this happen...
  36. F

Teensy2++ Not Visible In Serial Port

I am having some bad luck. I have 3 Teensy boards here, all of which have worked well in the past. I am trying to upload code to two of the Teensy2++ boards with no luck. They do not show up in the Arduino serial port. No idea why. THe just stopped showing up. The third board I have is a...
  37. F

More weirdness... I switched from a pointer to an array. Now even stranger stuff is happening... When only the first pin is interrupt enabled, everything works as expected #include <Encoder.h> //ONLY FIRST PIN IS INT ENABLED Encoder e0(18,35); Encoder e1(19,34); Encoder myEncoders[] =...
  38. F

usbMIDI code throws error if MIDI is not selected

I have code that I run in USB serial mode (for debug), and USB MIDI mode as a controller. Every time I toggle between modes I have to comment/uncomment all the 'usbMIDI.' messages otherwise an error is thrown: usbMIDI was not declared in this scope Is there a workaround for this? To prevent...
  39. F

First off, thanks for this awesome encoder library. Writing encoder-code from scratch is a total pain. I tried once, and failed terribly. I having some unexpected behavior when using the Encoder as a pointer. I am using Teensy2++ with Arduino0022 Everything works fine if both pins are...
Back