Search results

1. F

WS2812B compatible with OctoWS2811 library?

It looks like the WS2812 is simply an LED with the WS2811 driver chip built right in(reference), also used in Adafruit's NeoPixel strips. The WS2812B is an upgraded version of the WS2812 LED. This pdf outlines the differences between the two: 4pin opposed to 6, reverse power protection and...
  2. F

WS2812B compatible with OctoWS2811 library?

Anyone know if the new WS2812B strips, from Ray Wu, are compatible with the WS2811 chipset? Meaning should they work out of the box with the brilliant OctoWS2811 library? Apparently this WS2812B chip is an upgraded version of the WS2811. Here are some comments I've found about what's changed...
  3. F

Teensy 3.0 OctoWS2811 with Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone or ?!?

Paul: thanks for the detailed reply. I really appreciate it. I've definitely had that issue with LED's coming loose on non addressable RGB strip and Adafruit's old LPD8806 model. I wonder if all the Aliexpress vendors are just selling the same exact strips. Hmm.. kinda hard to tell what I'm...
  4. F

Any recommendations on Aliexpress vendor for WS2811 strips?

Hey guys, I'm just perusing through the plethora of vendors on Aliexpress that have WS2811 strips for sale. Any favorites or recommendations? is GreenLED preferred? I'm looking to get ~65+ 1-meter strips (or 13x 5-meters reels or whatever). ~Oli
  5. F

Teensy 3.0 OctoWS2811 with Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone or ?!?

Paul: any recommendations on a favorite Aliexpress vendor? (for ordering ~64 meters of 60LED/meter ws2811 RGB strip) Edit: I made a separate thread opposed to hijacking this one -> http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23867-Any-recommendations-on-Aliexpress-vendor-for-WS2811-strips
Back