Search results

1. J

Documentation for USBHost_t36?

I am trying to understand the general architecture of the HID device drivers in the USBHost_t36 library. I didn't find any overview docs on the library, so I am researching it from the code. Specifically, I don't understand how the relationship between different objects is established, like...
  2. J

Serialize large objects for storage on SD card?

I have been researching on the best way to serialize large objects for storage on the SD card of Teensy 4. Specifically ones that don't have to store a DOM into a temporary variable, before serialization. I have tried Boost, Cereal, ArduinoJson and ThorsSerializer. I think for my purposes...
  3. J

C++ streams with ChaN FatFS?

I have been banging my head on this for days, especially since I would have thought it would be a common question! I'm trying to serialize some objects to store them onto the SD card in a Teensy4. My project is *not* using SD.h/SdFat because we are using a different toolchain (SdFat collides...
  4. J

Using a display in a "real" design... best approach for MCU control?

This may be a fundamental or "it depends" type question, but I haven't found any guidelines or benchmarking for the topic. I am thinking about using a graphic display in my next project, something like a 128x32 graphic OLED display. Basic use of the display is no problem, but I wondered how...
  5. J

powering down gracefully?

Is there a standard way to handle power down on the Teensy/ARM? What I mean by that is the user will usually cut power immediately with a switch, if you don't have some type of "soft power button". When this happens, in my case, I get some small amount of garbage/incomplete data sent on the...
  6. J

Windows 7 (64bit) standlone teensy loader stalls during upload sometimes?

Hey all, I have a product that uses the teensy 3.1 bootloader chip on a custom board. My customers are instructed to download the teensy loader app when it is necessary to upgrade the product. I have had quite a few customers running into an issue when performing an upgrade on Windows 7...
  7. J

Noise on GND from SPI (SCK)... what is normal?

I am probing the output of my Teensy 3.1 board which is driving driving some SPI peripherals... Everything works as expected, but I do see some very high frequency noise on the power rails, which is related to the SPI bus whenever SCK is transitioned. The noise is about 100mV spikes in the 5nS...
  8. J

Using alternate USB connection?

Hello, I am considering using Teensy 3.1 inside of a (small scale) commercial product. This seems to make sense in terms of time and cost for a short run product. The one major hurdle I need to resolve is breaking out the USB connection. I plan to have a USB isolator chip and a separate PCB...
Back