OS X Teensyduino 1.16 installer missing button labels, text content

danjulio

Running on a freshly booted OS X 10.6.8 yields an installer with no button labels, or text in fields. Pressing teh buttons works but I am stymied on the second page because there is no way to select anything. What to do?

teensy_bug_1.jpgteensy_bug_2.jpg

I have no idea why your Mac isn't rendering the text. Maybe something about your Mac's fonts or text rendering is configured differently?

I can tell you many hundreds of Mac users have ran this installer on 10.5 through 10.9. This is the first time I've ever heard of the fonts not rendering!

So I probably have a font problem. This installer looks like a windows port. Do you happen to know what font it is using? If not, is there a way to manually install? I'm handy with the command line.

If these buttons respond to clicking then you only need to know what the label should be and I could post some screenshots.

If these buttons respond to clicking then you only need to know what the label should be and I could post some screenshots.

The buttons do respond. I was hoping I could type something on the second screen (where you locate the existing Arduino install) but it doesn't appear this is the case. I'm not sure how to progress past the second screen and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with my font installs :-(

The buttons do respond. I was hoping I could type something on the second screen (where you locate the existing Arduino install) but it doesn't appear this is the case. I'm not sure how to progress past the second screen and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with my font installs :-(

Hello - did you ever find a solution to your OSX installer not having any text?
I'm facing the same issue and it's foxing me :(.

You're missing one of the system fonts that's always supposed to be part of the system. Sorry, I don't have more specific info handy.

You're missing one of the system fonts that's always supposed to be part of the system. Sorry, I don't have more specific info handy.

Ah, good hint (but a slightly useless response) - For anyone facing the same issue, open "font book" and just remove all user fonts, they were prolly installed by photoshop (or such).

Back