New Wiznet 550io module and 5500 chip
I see that Wiznet has a new Etherenet IP stack off-load product: Wiznet 550io module.
- Comes with factory assigned MAC address (Finally!! yea!)
- Much larger than the 820 module; bad.
- Slightly lower cost than the 820 module.
- Uses 5500 chip. Seems about the same as the 5200 chip, e.g., 8 sockets each with TX, RX buffers
- SPI only; no parallel interface like the 5100 chip (good riddance parallel).
- 3.3V power, 128mA at 100BT, 75mA at 10BT
- 5V tolerant inputs; 3.3V outputs
Haven't found a spec sheet on the 550io module. (!!) Above is from the 550 chip spec. The module has other components that do something unknown.
Saw that Circuit Cellar just started (today) their Wiznet design challenge with that part. They are sending samples out if anyone has a project in mind: