Teensy 3.1 + Freetronics 128x OLED Display - No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0isora1n

I am trying to connect Freetronics 128x OLED display to my Teensy but I am getting to output to the display.
http://www.freetronics.com/products/128x128-pixel-oled-module#.Ux0RgzmSxkB

OLED Pinout:
OLED128_pins.png

I have display powered with 5v from the teensy.
I have DNC connected to pin 14, RST to pin 15, SCK to pin 13, OLED CS to pin 16 and MOSI to pin 11.
In the program I have set the DNC, RST and OLED CS to the current pins but I do not get any display.

Any help is appreciated.

With any of the OLED display programs, the LED normally blinks because pin 13 is used. Now when I power on the teensy the LED does not light up so I am assuming that it is fried.

Really, try upload blink.ino from the menu Example->01.Basics->Blink. Maybe Teensy get stuck on a SPI operation so you probably need to press the reset button first and then upload the sketch.

oh whell... Teensy Loader should appear, Teensy connected or not. If not appear you have something broken in your IDE. Try reinstall everithing.

Agreed, the Teensy Loader window should also appear when you click Upload in Arduino. That should always happen, even if no Teensy board is present or working.

But if by "Teensy Loader did not open" you meant the window is on your screen but doesn't respond, either by Upload in Arduino or pressing the button on Teensy, and considering the LED used to blink when you powered up the board but no longer does, I would be sad to say that sat of facts looks pretty grim.

Teensy 3.1 is 5V tolerant on the digital pins, but even the briefest contact of 5 volts to the 3.3V power pin instantly kills the MK20 chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back