New Product: OctoWS2811 Adaptor Board, $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Today PJRC is releasing an adaptor board for large LED projects using the OctoWS2811 library.

http://www.pjrc.com/store/octo28_adaptor.html

octo28_adaptor_2.jpg

If you've followed this forum, you've probably seen many LED projects that had terrible flickering troubles. This board tries to address those problems with the 5V buffer and resistors matched to CAT6 cable. It also encourages a wiring style, where signal grounds run twisted with each signal, and they meet power grounds at the LEDs, which gives the best possible signal quality and avoids the common grounding troubles that cause difficult flickering.

Great board, I purchased a few. But I was wondering what the extra connections are for. the 0,1,23,22,19,18.17 and of course the holes below them which all appear to be ground. Thanks

wondering what the extra connections are for.

Those are the I/O pins not used by OctoWS2811. If you're running VideoDisplay and sending all the data from a PC or Mac, you'll probably never need them. But if you're creating a stand-alone project that generates all the graphics on the Teensy3, easy access to the unused pins might be handy for sensor inputs or controlling other stuff.

@Paul: Which kind of TIA/EIA-568 standard do I use? T568A or T568B? I have to crimp my ethernet cables...

Awesome news!!

It looks like you've got a capacitor(probably the 0.1uf you've recommended in another thread) on the buffer chip's vcc and 8x 100 ohm impedance matching resistors.
What is the ninth component?

Ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back