Need Help porting Modbus lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikorun

Hello,

I've seen in another post (here) that it's possible to port a modbus lib to teensy by changing "Serial" to "Serial1", because Serial is used for the USB serial port.
I'm using another lib of modbus (Written by Jason Vreeland) wich is more adapted to my needs (don't use a DE pin, and most of all work with all kind of Modbus registers, not only Holding).

I tried to modify the library code, especialy the modbusSlave.spp file wich is the only one that seems to work directly with "Serial", but my change is not working, or at least doesn't seem to work.

Can somebody would be kind enough to help me in this work or perhaps just confirm that changing Serial by Serial1 is the only thing I should do ?

The lib can be found here : http://code.google.com/p/arduino-modbus-slave/source/browse/trunk/+arduino-modbus-slave/?r=5.

Despite Modbus is an old protocol which sound less fun than Zigbee, EnOcean, KNX (a derivate of Modbus) or other domotic stuffs, it's still very used and has the advantage to be strong in a parasited environnement, so i guess it could be interesting to use it in a house automation project.in fact I'm using it with industrial equipements since 4 years now ... :)

Thanks for having read that post anyway ^^

nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back