SD library can not access the filesystem

herjean

Hi guys, I've been trying to get my SD card to work with my Teensy Audio Shield. But I keep receiving this error "SD library can not access the filesystem!" when i run the SdCardTest under the examples in the Audio library.

I've tried with both SanDisk 1.0GB microSD card and a 16GB SanDisk Ultra microSD card.

Could someone help please?

Hi, I think you might be in the wrong subforum, this is not really a diagnostics subforum I think for that sort of things (its the bugs and suggestions subforum). Maybe project guidance? I'm not sure. But the SD library is probably not faulting because of the teensy but because it's a bit tricky to setup.

First things, are you using the arduino SD library or the enhanced SDfat library? It will make a difference.

I'm not entirely sure how to offer you advice, but I do know that if you are using the SDfat library than the author has a presence on the arduino.cc forums and has helped me out before (albeit do your research there too, there are many threads to troubleshoot your problems because many people have sd card access problems.)

Some common problems include:

(1)
Is something else using the SPI mode and conflicting with your library? I assume you are running the basic audio sketches and not adding anything else, so they should be OK since it's a tested product.
(2)
Do you have wiring wrong? This shouldn't be a problem because you're using the teensy adapter board, and that's obviously done the wiring
(3) could there be a problem with your SD card? is it one of the ones that people have tested with the board? There is a reasonably large variance in SD cards. Do you have any other brands/sizes you can try? Is your SDCard legit? There are fake sdcards galore, especially if you purchased it as an electronics fleamarket. Some have weird poorly flashed chips inside.

I'd lean towards working through number (3)

Upon further glances I noticed the audio breakout board seems to suggest that it uses the default arduino SD library, so ignore what I said about SDfat.

So my response doesn't offer concrete ideas but I'd explore suggestion (3), at least, I'd like to confirm with you that you think the problem is not with your card (and why.)

Subquestions to (3): Is your Sdcard properly formatted? I've heard of problems formatting the sdcard via mac utilities, and even windows utilities (but that wasn't a problem for me.) I know there's a freeware utility for windows that works well, I could look for it if you think that could be it.

Back