Teensy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just found my Teensy 2 board and wanna build the laser ball but when I try and download the Teensyduino software I am coming up with a google error.

Anyone able to either point me in the direction of the software or have a copy that they can mail me.

Matthew

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\WIPER\Desktop\arduino-1.0-rc2\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy/main.cpp:6: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\WIPER\Desktop\arduino-1.0-rc2\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy/main.cpp:8: undefined reference to `loop'
That is the error I am coming up with any help pls know I am a newbie following a tutorial.

Thanks

Matt

You appear to be using 1.0 release candidate 2 (i.e a pre-final version of an older release). The current version is 1.0.2 which you can get here
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
First install that, then download and install Teensyduino 1.10 from the link given by Magnethead494. Teensyduino modifieds the stock Arduino install to add Teensy 2.0 and Teensy ++ 2.0 support.

I downloaded the example to see what you were working with, and it's seems that you simply didn't load the program into the teensydunio sketch. Thoes two "built-in" functions are defined in the example. This is a bit new to me since I've always used make files and WinAVR to build programs for a Teensy 2.0. But I did download the the IRremote library from here (read the documentation in the code, this library is not included in the example):

https://github.com/shirriff/Arduino-IRremote

Created a new folder under the libraries directory for it; and this complied just fine. Whether or not it works, that's a whole 'nother story (I can live without knowing.. :)). But this complied with no issues under the Teensydunio BETA release 8 that Paul has released for the Teensy3. I had it set up for the Teensy 2.0 board under tools, 16mhz.

Last edited:
Ok have followed what you guys have said but I am getting this error:

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\WIPER\Desktop\arduino-1.0.2\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy/main.cpp:6: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\WIPER\Desktop\arduino-1.0.2\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy/main.cpp:8: undefined reference to `loop'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back