OSX: Must launch Teensy app from within Arduino package

gvn

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but it took some digging for me to figure out how to upload to my Teensy 3.0 from OSX.

I had to open the modified Arduino app package (arduino-1.0.1-teensy3-beta6-macos.zip) and also manually launch "teensy" from "Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin".

Maybe this is obvious to some, but as a first time Teensy user this was not intuitive.

Looking forward to experimenting more with it, thanks for all your hard work!

Did you place the application in a directory containing spaces or other special characters, or rename the application from "Arduino.app" to something with a space in the name?

There's a known bug (mac only) where the teensy_post_compile program can't launch the Teensy Loader if the pathname contains a space, or maybe certain special characters.

Looks like Finder auto-renamed the app to "Arduino 2" when I expanded the ZIP. I already had a non-modified Arduino app parallel to it.

I'll try it again later without the space. I'm guessing this will affect other Arduino OSX users, so it might be good to point out on Kickstarter. Thanks for the super fast response!

Back