Teensy 3.0 Re-program wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

meccup

Hi all,

I was always dreaming to load programs wirelessly via bluetooth (or wifi). It is really helpful if you put your device into a place which is not easily accessible. I have been working on a project and I would say it is damn very hard to develop/debug the system since I have to disassemble lots of bike stuff in order to plug UART cable to reload the program. Also, I was going to allow users to re-program their systems as they wish, but I realized that it is nearly impossible because of poor accessibility of the MCU.

I tried to modify Arduino bootloader for ATMEGA 32U4 MCU, but I came across lots of troubles. First of all, the bootloader for 23U4 is very unstable. Secondly, it looks like a bloody mess, it is really hard to understand what is going there. And finally, I'm relatively new to microcontrollers (probably it is the main cause).

So now, I'm wondering whether it is possible to implement loading programs remotely with Teensy 3.0.

Paul, first of all, thank you for your afford. Teensy 3.0 project is really impressive.

Dear Paul and community, do you think it is possible to implement my dream?

Thank you.

You could start by downloading and reviewing the code written for jeenode with ota (over the air) programing. i think the code is called jeeloader. good luck with google

Ok, obviously to program 'over the air' we need to use one of the UART ports of the Teensy 3.0 to connect a bluetooth module. Lets say we managed to do this, also we made a circuit which should reset T3 (when loading begins). But seems to me it is not enough. The bootloader should support loading not only through USB UART but through one of the other UART ports.

So the question is - does the bootloader allow to program T3 through one of the onboard UART ports?

Paul, guys?

Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to upload a sketch via bluetooth? How did you do it? It would be awesome if the teensy 3.1 bootloader supported uploading via bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back