Fan speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Xmas first.

I am looking to control an old computer fans speed. Basically I have a computer in my shed I use it for woodwork diagrams and looking up info when I am messing around in the shed. I have build a box so that the computer don't get all full of saw dust and have two holes in the shed to let air in and out I wanna attach two old computer fans over the holes so that I can circulate the air in the box and help the computer stay cool. I want to connect a temp monitor onto the teensy 2.0 control and let it decide when to pump air in and out the rest of the time I have rubber flaps that cover the fan holes. At the moment I have the fans running all the time but don't really think this is needed.

Please point me in the direction of a sample of how to run a fan on Teensy so that I can work out the rest myself as I wanna learn.

Matthew

I am controlling a computer fan (a whooper of a 200mm one though!) just using a bc547 from a PWM pin through a 1k resistor. Works fine, although you might want a bigger transistor or stick a fin on it, because it gets rather hot.

Code:
                12V
                fan
           1k    |
pwm--/\/\/--|< bc547
                 common ground

(how can you draw nice schematics on this site?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back