Problem with HMC5883L magnetometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperjm

Hello!

I have been debugging the FreeIMU on teensy 3.0 for weeks now. Everything else works fine, barometer, accelerometer, gyroscopes. There is a strange problem with the HMC5883L magnetometers...

It works fine on the arduino with the Arduino libraries(I use a separate arduino shell for the ATmegas).
It does not work with the Teensy libraries(whether on the Arduino board or Teensy with relevant code changed for each eg definitions)

I am using the Wire library on both shells for the same program, (HMC58X3_raw.ino) http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~fabio-varesano/freeimu/trunk/files/head:/libraries/HMC58X3/

To simplify matters, I am only using the IMU with the ArduinoDuemilanove in both shells(Arduino standard, and Teensy Modified).
Here's the strange bit. When I "initialise" the IMU with the standard arduino shell and then upload the sketch from the teensy shell, everything works fine.(Serial displays good values, responsive magnetometer)
But as soon as I unplug and plug back in, the values returned by the HMC5883L become constant and seem to be a maximum. This has nothing to do with missing pull-up resistors, I have made sure they are all pulling up to 3.3V(internal pull-up resistors in arduino turned off). However if I use the reset button instead of unplugging, the results are still fine. Alas, I cannot possibly "initialize" the teensy from the standard shell, so I need a fix for this weird issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Why does the ATmega328 "started up" with code from teensy shell differ from one "started up" with the standard shell?
I think it might be an I2C sync problem, or Wire library problem. However, the teensy wire library works perfectly fine with all the other sensors..just this one..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back