PDA

View Full Version : ability to define USB Vendor ID, Product ID, Product name from arduino sketch

iamthesoundman
01-04-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm working on a Midi based project and want to be able to change the name of the usb device on multiple teensy's. I know how to change it through the usb_private.h (usb_desc.h on teensy 3.0) But I'd like the convenience of just setting it in the sketch. Could there be a way to do this?

Thanks!

PaulStoffregen
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
This is on my to-do list. There are a couple technical issues, including a planned change to the build process for Teensy 3.0, so this feature is waiting on that change.

iamthesoundman
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
That's great! Keep up the good work man!

Slechtvalk
09-23-2013, 04:28 PM
This is on my to-do list. There are a couple technical issues, including a planned change to the build process for Teensy 3.0, so this feature is waiting on that change.

and, some news about it?

PaulStoffregen
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
This was added for the description strings on Teensy in usb_names.h. It lets you customize the strings. The ID numbers still require editing the core library.

So far, there's pretty much no documentation, but it was discussed in this thread. Maybe that will be enough info to use it?

http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23796-How-to-change-Teensy-3-0-PRODUCT_NAME