Installation of Teensyduino on OS-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiroha

Hi
Had my Teensy 2.0 for a while and only just getting around to using it!
Successfully installed Arduino and Teensyarduino on a Windows 7 PC, and built and run sketches :)
Now trying to install on my MacBook Air running OS X 10.7.5 but having difficulty.
Arduino has installed ok but I'm having trouble with Teensyduino.
When I run it and locate the Arduino, the Next button is never enabled!
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Keith

On the intro screen, it says which Arduino versions that installer supports.

Please try downloading a fresh copy of that Arduino IDE version from www.arduino.cc. If the zip file doesn't automatically extract (Safari does, but Firefox does not), extract the zip file. Make a mental note of where it is on your Mac. The run the installer and navigate to that location. The moment you click on a supported version, the Next button should enable.

Hi Paul
Very strange, tried it again and it worked!!
Thanks for your quick reply.
New issue though, my first sketch is a chorded keyboard. When I attach it to the MacBook, it asks me to press the button immediately to the right of the shift key. Ultimately I'd like it to emulate a British keyboard but I think the status of your support for that is untested? For now, I'd be happy for it to be a stand US keyboard. Any ideas what I should do?
Keith

When I attach it to the MacBook, it asks me to press the button immediately to the right of the shift key.

Just close that window (the little red button in the upper corner).

Ultimately I'd like it to emulate a British keyboard but I think the status of your support for that is untested? For now, I'd be happy for it to be a stand US keyboard. Any ideas what I should do?

Select the layout you want in Tools > Keyboard Layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back