PDA

View Full Version : Teensy 3.0 and Fritzing

nkgoodal
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Hello! I just received my Teensy 3.0 and I must say that I am impressed. Paul, you've done a phenomenal job and I am having an absolutely great time with it. I started out with hardware hacking with an Arduino Uno in late August and this is a HUGE step up. Very nicely done and at a great price.

Background: I've built a handheld (paragliding) flight computer using Teensy 3.0, a GPS module, accelerometer/magnetomer, SD card driver, and rotary encoder. I also have 16x2 LCD display, but will probably ditch it for a 2" TFT. I'm currently using a piezo buzzer, but look forward to getting some better audio output capabilities as you keep up development on the Teensy software. I want to use a small amplifier and speaker for better quality. Due to the nature of my project, I want to move toward getting these components on a PCB fairly soon. My soldered modules are working okay, but it's clearly a sub 1.0 project and not very durable. I've got about a month left before I finalize my hardware and should be ready as soon as I figure out which TFT I want to use. I'll probably power all of this with a li-poly battery. I intend to submit my code and design to your website when I'm finished.

Question: Do have any Fritzing designs for Teensy 3.0? I'm not an engineer and prefer the simplicity. Are there any other tools you recommend. I intend to drill holes to solder Teensy 3 into my project.

Thanks so much. I'm also a fellow Oregonian (displaced across the Pacific in Korea). My brother works at OSU and it's great to see the cool things that you are up to!

nkgoodal
01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I've fired up Fritzing and am editing a part. I will post it later.

linuxgeek
02-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I've fired up Fritzing and am editing a part. I will post it later.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Please post if you made any progress. I was thinking of doing the same.

Thx

nkgoodal
02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
So,

I have done some work. However, I only have the "breadboard view" finished. I will post the part below and, as I have time, update it. If you make changes, please update them as well. It's set up as a zip archive. Just unzip and the part is inside.

Awesome handle. I love Linux. I've been using it since '97. Haven't looked back, though I still have to play around in Windows at work and I have been using Mac OS X for work as well.

nkgoodal
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I took the time and learned Eagle. It had the advantage of already having a robust parts library. Additionally, it's actually pretty easy to use.

AminfiBerlin
03-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi,
glad to see that you use Fritzing :)
I work there and I can tell you that my colleague fabian (the parts god) had created a part for teensy 3.0, it is still unreleased, but you can post on our forums fritzing.org and request it, he will send you the file.
Best,
Amin

raster
12-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Reviving this post just to see if anyone has a Fritzing part for the Teensy LC. (I use it in a lot of projects!)

Po Ting
12-15-2015, 06:13 PM
I just looked in the part library and found no QFN48 part in generic IC, which means the you can't place the chip at PCB view...
a LQFN64 (origined from atmega 328? or generic IC) could be used for MK20DX256VHL7 (core of teensy 3.1)
fritzing is relatively friendly, I am waiting for its part editor to release, since I uses many part that doesn't exists in library
and just hard to edit .svg with no related editor.