Teensy 3.0 and Fritzing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkgoodal

Hello! I just received my Teensy 3.0 and I must say that I am impressed. Paul, you've done a phenomenal job and I am having an absolutely great time with it. I started out with hardware hacking with an Arduino Uno in late August and this is a HUGE step up. Very nicely done and at a great price.

Background: I've built a handheld (paragliding) flight computer using Teensy 3.0, a GPS module, accelerometer/magnetomer, SD card driver, and rotary encoder. I also have 16x2 LCD display, but will probably ditch it for a 2" TFT. I'm currently using a piezo buzzer, but look forward to getting some better audio output capabilities as you keep up development on the Teensy software. I want to use a small amplifier and speaker for better quality. Due to the nature of my project, I want to move toward getting these components on a PCB fairly soon. My soldered modules are working okay, but it's clearly a sub 1.0 project and not very durable. I've got about a month left before I finalize my hardware and should be ready as soon as I figure out which TFT I want to use. I'll probably power all of this with a li-poly battery. I intend to submit my code and design to your website when I'm finished.

Question: Do have any Fritzing designs for Teensy 3.0? I'm not an engineer and prefer the simplicity. Are there any other tools you recommend. I intend to drill holes to solder Teensy 3 into my project.

Thanks so much. I'm also a fellow Oregonian (displaced across the Pacific in Korea). My brother works at OSU and it's great to see the cool things that you are up to!

So,

I have done some work. However, I only have the "breadboard view" finished. I will post the part below and, as I have time, update it. If you make changes, please update them as well. It's set up as a zip archive. Just unzip and the part is inside.

Awesome handle. I love Linux. I've been using it since '97. Haven't looked back, though I still have to play around in Windows at work and I have been using Mac OS X for work as well.

Attachments

• Teensy 3.0.fzpz.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 706
So, I learned Eagle instead...

I took the time and learned Eagle. It had the advantage of already having a robust parts library. Additionally, it's actually pretty easy to use.

Hi,
glad to see that you use Fritzing :)
I work there and I can tell you that my colleague fabian (the parts god) had created a part for teensy 3.0, it is still unreleased, but you can post on our forums fritzing.org and request it, he will send you the file.
Best,
Amin

Reviving this post just to see if anyone has a Fritzing part for the Teensy LC. (I use it in a lot of projects!)

I just looked in the part library and found no QFN48 part in generic IC, which means the you can't place the chip at PCB view...
a LQFN64 (origined from atmega 328? or generic IC) could be used for MK20DX256VHL7 (core of teensy 3.1)
fritzing is relatively friendly, I am waiting for its part editor to release, since I uses many part that doesn't exists in library
and just hard to edit .svg with no related editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back