Remote update for Teens 2.0++

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemanticGoof

My first post here. A little background, we have been using Teensy 2.0++ for over a year now and have a very stable application (written as Arduino sketch), communicating with an Android tablet (via our app). We have been very happy with the performance except for one thing (remote updates to Teensy).
Is there anyway to update the firmware (arduino sketch) on teensy 2.0++ board over USB? We have an android tablet connected to the board so we can update everything on the tablet remotely, but we have to have boards come back from remote location to update them, all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Couldn't you just create the hex file that gets loaded on the teensy, send the hex file to your remote locations and then run the teensy loader? I'm quite the novice at this stuff so maybe I'm missing something. Note that I have never done this myself.

Couldn't you just create the hex file that gets loaded on the teensy, send the hex file to your remote locations and then run the teensy loader? I'm quite the novice at this stuff so maybe I'm missing something. Note that I have never done this myself.

That is the hope :) Thank you for the other link i will check on it.

My hope was that I can upload the hex file to the tablet and the tablet will force the teensy to go into boot loader mode (over our command protocol) and then it can start sending hex file over to teensy and then reboot. I am uncertain of how to achieve this with Teensy ++ 2.0.

The remote location need to be unattended (no button press etc.) the update will be under tablet control.

Cheers,
N

Last edited:
Doing it from the tablet, now that would be some feat. Way beyond anything I could figure out, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back