Noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAD

I have a few noob/begineer/basic questions about teensy++ 2 and teensy 2.

a) as a beginner with Teensy and programming, do I use Arduino + Teensy Duino or just Arduino or just C++ to program the board or just depends on the project (which method would give me more flexibility).
b) my project requires the board to act as an HID keyboard and send keystrokes to the computer, preferably when the reset button is pressed on the board. Which would be a better choice teensy++ 2 or teensy 2 or teensy 3.

Install Arduino + Teensyduino
Any of the boards would do. Not sure exactly how advanced you are planning on getting, but some libraries are still only working with 2 and 2++, so since this is your first project I would go with one of them. I am sure other people will have different opinions ;-)

Install Arduino + Teensyduino
Any of the boards would do. Not sure exactly how advanced you are planning on getting, but some libraries are still only working with 2 and 2++, so since this is your first project I would go with one of them. I am sure other people will have different opinions ;-)

Thank you CheapB, appreciate it. I think I will go with 2 or 2++.

So for more advanced programing, I would need C or C++ compiler or would Arduino+Teensyduino will do the same as the compilers ?

Teensy uses the arduino IDE - install Arduino 1.0.3 first (if you haven't already got it) and then install Teensyduino 1.12 into that same directory. In the IDE you use the Tools|Board: menu to select which board is your target. When you have installed Teensyduino, there will not only be the usual Arduino targets (Nano, Uno, etc.) but also Teensy2, Teensy3 etc.

Pete

Teensy uses the arduino IDE - install Arduino 1.0.3 first (if you haven't already got it) and then install Teensyduino 1.12 into that same directory. In the IDE you use the Tools|Board: menu to select which board is your target. When you have installed Teensyduino, there will not only be the usual Arduino targets (Nano, Uno, etc.) but also Teensy2, Teensy3 etc.

Pete

thanks Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back