Bluetooth keyfob

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I just hooked up a bluetooth HC-05 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Host-Slave-Master-Module-Wireless-Serial-6pin-/221158958927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337e19e74f) to the teensy 3.0, and with my limited testing it works great. I can connect it to my smartphone, using a bluetooth text app to send data to the teensy and read it back.

However, what I'd like is a smaller setup that is similar to the IR controllers (TV remotes, etc.) that is self contained, has a coin/AA/AAA battery, bluetooth transceiver, and a 1-3 buttons. Ideally, I would like text sent when a button is pressed, and when it is released. Does anybody know of such devices for sale? My attempts at searching for them have found replacements for specific controllers, but it wasn't clear if I could use it on a general electronics project, unless the codes it produces are known.

Ideally, I would want a fob with 1-4 buttons. It would be nice if the fob could send separate codes for key press and key release.
:confused::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back