PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for IDE folder structure

Avenue33
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
In most other implementations of the Processing/Wiring/Arduino IDE, the folder hardware/... contains cores and libraries:

Arduino 1.5: hardware/arduino/avr contains cores and libraries; hardware/arduino/avr contains cores and libraries
Mpide: hardware/PIC32 contains cores and libraries
Energia: hardware/msp430 contains cores and libraries; hardware/lm4f contains cores and libraries

May I suggest to place:

Teensyduino for Teensy: cores and libraries inside hardware/teensy folder
Teensyduino for Teensy 3: cores and libraries inside hardware/teensy3 folder

Thank you and best regards,

PaulStoffregen
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Teensy currently only supports Arduino IDE 1.0.3, which does not support those conventions. The files are installed according to the conventions 1.0.3 defines.

I plan to support 1.5.x, but at the moment the Arduino developers are still making significant changes to the platforms.txt, library search and other important details. I'm waiting for a while, mostly because people seem to be pretty happy with Teensy on 1.0.3 at the moment, but also because I'm not excited about having to redo a lot of work for 1.5.x as the Arduino developers change stuff. Hopefully it will stabilize nicely before more people make the 1.0.3 to 1.5.x switch?

CheapB
02-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Hopefully it will stabilize nicely before more people make the 1.0.3 to 1.5.x switch?

I think your priorities are good. Just too many moving parts between T3 libraries and 1.5.2 beta IDE.
Time is much better spent on getting the USB host going ;-)