general Teensy 3.0 discussion

JBeale

There is a place for questions and bug reports, but I'm not sure which forum group "general Teensy 3.0 discussion" should go into. I'm guessing everything will be setup later. Anyway, congrats Paul on getting the forum up, I look forward to seeing interesting things here! Hope you can enjoy a software-free weekend getaway!

T3 Capacitive (touch) sensor data

Here are two graphs of the touch sensor reading, to check for drift over a period of 30 minutes. I think it looks pretty good. Each point on the graph is an average of about 4300 readings, taken over 0.5 seconds. The time is fixed, the number of readings varies depending on the value (higher capacitance = larger values = slower).

The first graph was from data taken at 7 am today, and the second graph is from 9 pm today, showing that the capacitive sensor reading did not drift much during the day (roughly, from 684.4 in the morning, to 684.5 in the evening). In the 9pm set there is a pk-pk amplitude spike of 24 counts at index 2834, for just one 0.5 second interval. Usually the pk-pk value is 7, 8 or 9. Maybe some random cosmic ray. It was not visible in the average value, so perhaps just one outlier data point.

Below: two graphs (which are apparently visible only if you are logged in)
T3-CapSense-Oct24-7am.jpg T3-CapSense-Oct24-9pm.jpg

EDIT: I see the forum resizes my barely-legible 800x600 graphs down to less than 350 pixels wide, sorry about that!
The top graph (blue) is averaged sensor value, which ranges between 684 and 685 counts. The middle (black) is the peak-peak deviation of each 4300 sample set, generally around 8 units. The bottom (pink) trace is the standard deviation of each set, generally about 1.6 units.

Last edited:
Also, the pictures only show if you're registered and logged in!

Edit: Oh you noted that, heh. *duh*

I've edited the settings (or tried to...) Please give it another try.

It should now allow up to 1280 by 1024 size and the thumbnails should be 300 pixels and viewable to all.

Another graph

Here is another try at posting a graph, same thing but data from this morning Oct. 25. Average value has not drifted much at all from yesterday.

T3-CapSense-Oct25-7am.png

Ahh, that's much better- original size shows up when you click on it, and it remains in its original PNG format.

Last edited:
Is there any USB host code yet? I want to connect a Teensy 3.0 to a USB cell stick, and run PPP out to the Internet.

Last edited:
We could unofficially support it, I bought the Teensy 3 for the use of host mode. I've been tinkering a bit with it, it'd be nice to get it working.

Would it be possible to use this in combination with an SD Card reader to have embedded Linux (Angstrom) as with the Beaglebone?

Back