Writing to Mini54 from teensy 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgarcia42

I'm going to be doing a couple of projects/installations over the next few months where I'd like to have things be almost completely sealed. I'm going to be putting a bluetooth 4 BLE chipset in place for remote control of the installations, but I've been thinking about what i'd have to do to actually have the ability to do updates over bluetooth.

Unfortunately, the BLE112 doesn't appear to allow its usb pins to be used in host mode, otherwise i'd just write some BGScript that sits in between something pushing down halfkay formatted data and the Mini54 shuffling bits from bluetooth to usb. So, i'm thinking that, ideally, what i'd like to do is send the data over bluetooth to the teensy 3, have the teensy 3 turn around and push those bytes into the Mini54 and then trigger shorting prog/gnd to turn control over to the Mini54.

Am I doing too much of the wrong kinds of drugs? (Fallback is exposing a usb cable/port - but I thought this could make for some very slick lines in the installations to not have that exposed at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back