Second preview release for FastSPI_LED2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, I posted this a bit too early - and while I'm not quite ready to do a full third release and announcement and such, but for folks who pay attention to the downloads page, and more importantly, to you folks here directly - I've put up a new download that has direct support for the teensy 3.0 SPI hardware (vs. going through Paul's excellently useful SPDR'n'friends emulation) - http://code.google.com/p/fastspi/downloads/list

How much faster is the direct SPI access? The previous version could get ~5.7Mbps out over the SPI line (compared to 6.6Mbps on AVR hardware, not bad for an emulated mode, but not as fast as we all knew it could be). This version? I can push up to 20Mbps out to your led strips (or, really to anything you're sending SPI data to - this version of the library contains an SPI class that is useful on its own, even if you aren't doing any LED related work). Alas, I get glitching out of my led chipsets if I go above 10-15Mbps, so those chipsets have slower default speeds.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back