PDA

View Full Version : Will PJRC be at MakerFaire in Bay Area?

linuxgeek
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Paul & Robin, are you going to be at MakerFaire? I thought it might be close enough for you guys to make it down. They really should have you speak about the whole kickstarter experience.

PaulStoffregen
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm planning to post an announcement when we know more specific details. Here's what is currently known.

I will be there. Robin's not going. PJRC isn't really going to be there in any commercial way.

DorkbotPDX will be there with a multi-project exhibit and I'll be contributing. We didn't pay the commercial seller fee, so no products will be sold from our space. At this point, I don't have much specific info, other than we were accepted and assigned exhibit number 2215. They're supposed to send more info in a couple weeks. I'm bringing the OctoWS2811 LED display (1920 LEDs on a 4 by 2 foot board). I'll build a stand that puts it about 5.5 feet high, so it should be very easy to see from anywhere in whatever room/pavilion where they place us.

I am hoping to connect in person with people I've only met online.

linuxgeek
04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Cool. I'll be sure to stop by. Hopefully SparkFun will be selling your units, and maybe you can make it into MakerShed: http://www.makershed.com/Default.asp

JBeale
04-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Will you be there both days? I'm planning to visit one day before noon, not sure yet which day.

Robin
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Someone has to stay behind to make sure that Teensys still get shipped. I suppose it's only fair that I stay behind after all the times I've left Paul behind to Disney. :D

t3andy
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Also, you need to fire up the wave solder or reflow machines - the Teensy 3 stock count at Sparkfun, after one week, is becoming low. :D

update ... All gone - amazing!