Regression Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulStoffregen

It's anyone interested what I've been up to lately, besides of course the usual day-to-day stuff of PJRC and answering questions, here's a lengthy blog post I just wrote about a regression test system I've been developing.

http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/teensyduino_regression_testomatic_1st_try

testomatic1.jpg

This thing is still very much a work-in-progress, but already I've found a couple bugs using it. Over the long term, I plan to have this automatically test nearly all Arduino functions and many of the supported Arduino libraries.

This thing has actually been in development since November, when I had the initial idea and did the PCB layout. Rarely have I found time to really work on it much, until the last couple weeks.

Long-term, my hope is this will greatly increase the code quality and minimize the breakage of Arduino support and the many, many libraries as Teensyduino and Arduino develop over the years....

Nice - curious to see how this ends up developing over time! (Still looking for excuses to play with FPGAs here) Also, I'm still laying out an idea for a (breadboarded, at the moment) test harness environment for FastSPI_LED2. a set of controllers (teensy3, teensy2, teensy++2, leonardo, due, uno, mega, etc...) a set of at least one of each chipset type of LED I support, and a handle of MUX's for routing data/clock from various pins on the various controllers to the appropriate LEDs, then a controller app running one of the controllers with a bit extra memory to cycle through each controller and test various combinations of things.

Time, time is all I need...

It's anyone interested what I've been up to lately, besides of course the usual day-to-day stuff of PJRC and answering questions, here's a lengthy blog post I just wrote about a regression test system I've been developing.

http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/teensyduino_regression_testomatic_1st_try

testomatic1.jpg

This thing is still very much a work-in-progress, but already I've found a couple bugs using it. Over the long term, I plan to have this automatically test nearly all Arduino functions and many of the supported Arduino libraries.

This thing has actually been in development since November, when I had the initial idea and did the PCB layout. Rarely have I found time to really work on it much, until the last couple weeks.

Long-term, my hope is this will greatly increase the code quality and minimize the breakage of Arduino support and the many, many libraries as Teensyduino and Arduino develop over the years....

Very interesting. Do you still continue with this regression testing effort ? how is it going ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back