Teensy 3.0 attaching micro SD adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

akcarlsmith

Has anyone cleanly connected PJRC's micro SD adapter to a Teensy 3.0? Here are my thoughts so far.

The pads on the back of the SD adapter have to be soldered together since the Teensy 3.0 is operating at 3.3 V.

One pinout on the adapter will go to a 3.3V power supply, which will be pin 3.3V (100 mA max) near digital pin 23.
Is 100 mA enough to operate the SD adapter? I am guessing it is.

Since the rest of the pins are digital inputs (SW, MOSI, MISO, SCLK,SS) they can be connected to the digital pins which are all plentiful.

The last pin in the Ground pin on the SD adapter, which I believe I can connect to a digital pin and just call the pin a ground in the code.

So the adapter would be covering Digital Pins 1-5 and 20-23 and the 3.3 V (100 mA)

Does that all sound right? Thanks!

I have looked at that, but the adapter is never mentioned if it can easily solder directly on top of the Teensy 3 board.

You mean if your teensy3 didn't have headers, and you put headers to connect the mini sd board directly to the teensy3? Or put female headers on the mini sd board and plug it in to the t3?

The size seems right, but the pins would be all mis-aligned. I imagine you could put an intervening prototyping board (like a shield) to re-route the sd pins to the proper pins. GND & Power would be the most troublesome, as you'd probably want to take those from the tail of the t3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back