Bluetooth transceiver suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albireo13

I just ordered the Teensy 2.0 to use for reading two rotary encoders. I want to be able to communicate to a Android tablet
using Bluetooth. I'm thinking that I can get by with a low cost (< $15) Bluetooth transceiver module, pc mountable.
I plan to layout a small pc board so a small footprint, no enclosure is what I am looking for. Distance will be < 10ft so, Class 2 should be fine.

Does anyone have any recommendations for one? ... success stories?
I'm a noob at this.

Thx,
Rob

for anyone following up on this, I have used the HC-07 module (JY-MCU) with the Teensy 3.0, without any issues. I used this with an Android phone running the free app called BTInterface as a controller for an LED array.

for anyone following up on this, I have used the HC-07 module (JY-MCU) with the Teensy 3.0, without any issues. I used this with an Android phone running the free app called BTInterface as a controller for an LED array.

That looks like a pretty inexpensive option. I see it for around $6/each.
It seems that 115,200 is the maximum transfer rate.

How do you connect it up? Where are the connectors?

its really straight forward. the BT module has four pins plus two additional connection pads. The four pins cover Rx Tx vcc and gnd. All you need to do is to connect the Rx to Teensy Tx and Tx to Teensy Rx. I used Teensy pins zero and one. I run the module from a battery pack of four rechargeable AA batteries. The two additional pins are for Key and state, but I am not using these at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back