MakerFaire BeagleBone to Teensy protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Park

Hi Paul,

I was hoping to leverage some of the code you used for your excellent MakerFaire display for a project I'm working on. It looks like you have a protocol to autodetect the Teensys so you don't have to hunt down the port names all the time. I see the BeagleBone code in the attachments on the DorkbotPDX post, but I don't see the corresponding Teensy code there. Would you mind sharing the code for that as well? I tried leaving a comment on the DorkbotPDX site, but apparently it hasn't gotten through the moderator.

Thanks,
Edwin

First, for anyone else reading this, here's the DorkbotPDX page with the 6 files:

http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/maker_faire_2013

The 2 Teensy3s on the LED board were running the OctoWS2811 library's VideoDisplay example code. Other than uncommenting the appropriate #define lines for each half of the screen, no modifications were made. Just download OctoWS2811 (or get it from the Teensyduino installer), and the exact source code can be opened with File > Examples > OctoWS2811 > VideoDisplay.

The 3rd Teensy3 on the stomp pad interface board was running the code in stomp_pads_sketch.zip on the DorkbotPDX page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back