Teensy Loader gets slower over time.

MuShoo

Not really a big deal, just something I've noticed over the past few weeks. On Mac OSX 10.7.5, the Teensy Loader application gets progressively slower at uploading a sketch to a Teensy ++ 2.0 over time. Quitting and restarting the Teensy Loader application makes it speed back up, but after a few uploads it'll start getting slower again. It never causes an error, and the upload is always good, I'm just not sure why it's slowing down over time like that and figured it was worth a mention.

i noticed this too, i'm using the teensy 3, it might have something to do with that verbose log in the teensy loader. it gets pretty big after a few uploads.

Duff, I think you're spot on with it having to do with the verbose log. Maybe there's an option somewhere I'm missing that would let us turn that off?

I'm working on the Mac version this week. My highest priority is the errors that happen on some Macs. But I'm look into this too. Both appear to be related to timing, so this might be the same bug, but manifesting itself in a less severe way? At this early stage, I still don't fully understand this strangeness that's happening with OS-X.

The verbose info log might be a factor. But even if you upload pretty regularly for several days, it's not a huge amount of data relative to the huge memory and incredible speed of any modern Mac. If this slowness persists, I'll try adding a way to stop logging. But my gut feeling is this problem is much more related to how I'm interfacing with the Core Foundation stuff in OS-X and how it allocates and manages internal resources.

Please, I'd like to ask everyone experiencing any Mac troubles to subscribe to this thread:

http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23802-Macintosh-Teensy3-Errors

I'll be posting updates on that thread, including experimental test versions of Teensy Loader. I really want to improve the Mac version and I could really use your help and feedback. That thread is the one I'll be updating for all Mac-related issued... at least until the uploading errors are completely resolved.

Back