SPI register refs changed?

dgarcia42

It looks like the most recent teensyduino update changes the name of various SPI related registers. I discovered this when people suddenly started complaining about the teensy3 not working for them anymore w/FastSPI_LED2. Are these names going to be in flux, or is the most recent set (nearly) final?

Ah - going through the macro names that were changed, I can see why they were changed - I'm a bit too sleep deprived this morning. I'll update the library to work around/with this.

Are these names going to be in flux, or is the most recent set (nearly) final?

Opps, sorry about that. The old defs had a typo. Looks like I broke your library when I "fixed" them.

I'd say "nearly final" is about right. There might be some others that have typos or other errors, but hopefully there won't be a need to change any that already exist.

Some of the peripherals do not have their individual bits defined, so more bit definitions will probably be added over the next several months. Those should just be additions, not changes to existing defs.

any chance that register names, bit names, etc, can be the same as in the Freescale .h files released in their sample programs and used by GCC, IAR, CodeWarrior?
Would be helpful if there were not variants.

No worries, I now have a version of the library published that will happily play with both pre and post fixed. I was briefly hoping this was a prelude to multiple SPI device support before realizing the typos that were fixed.

I can't wait to get back to poking at DMA on this system. (Unfortunately, I'm not using a teensy 3 on my current project - mostly for ram reasons, somewhat for port reasons - driving 3500 leds wants a lot of ram, so I'm using a due for this one. Also I can get 26 pins at a port for more parallelized output - which it turns out that I want, for this scale :). Outside of ram and the due simply having enough physical pins that 32 bit port parallel writes are an option, digging into the sam3x is really making me miss the k20.

Back