Eagle library for MK20DX128VLH5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatotron

Does anyone have an Eagle library with the Teensy 3.0 MCU (MK20DX128VLH5 - 64 LQFP 0.5mm pin spacing)?

If not, I can make one, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.

I have an eagle library for both the MK20 and the MINI54 that Paul sells in the store, and have verified proper functionality on some boards that I've made.

I extended the pads on the MINI54 quite a bit, so I may make some modifications and shrink the footprint down - as it is, the pads make it very easy to verify proper soldering. I never had any issues soldering the MK20, so I left those small.

Please, let me know how they work for you, and enjoy!

View attachment TeensyCustom.zip

Here is a Eagle library with the underlying chips for the Teensy 3.x and the LC series, along with most of their respective bootloading chips.

Cheers. Constantin

Attachments

• Teensy_DIY_v1.0.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,090
Last edited:
Here is a Eagle library with the underlying chips for the Teensy 3.x and the LC series, along with most of their respective bootloading chips.

Thank you Constantin!

I noticed your symbol has a different layout as compared to the schematic published by Paul here whereas kam42's is a match. Obviously I'd like to recreate Paul's schematic as close as possible in order to avoid mistakes. I can always rearrange Connections later.

However: if it were possible to post a proven extract of one of your schematics that contains just the Teensy 3.1 circuit, I would be very glad to use your symbol, as I clearly see the advantage of having the pins labeled as on the breakout.

Thank you very much!

-Markk

FWIW, I have updated the above file a bit to simplify the drawing a bit. Here is a sample with the MCU in one window and the bootloader in another.

MK20DX256 MCU:
MCU.gif
Note: The 4.7k pullups on the SDA and SCL lines (A4/A5) are missing (were elsewhere in drawing). Also, I do not connect the VREF pin to VCCA like Paul does via a 470 Ohm resistor. I like using external series references, when necessary.

TQFP Bootloader
Programmer.jpg
And yes, I am aware that some of the ceramic caps on the schematics are inverted/improper (ceramic caps are bipolar). Not sure how I missed that earlier. :p

Lastly, you will need to add a USB interface of choice, along with 33 Ohm resistors on D+ and D-. Don't forget to ground the USB case via a ferrite like Paul does.

Here is the library file again. It should contain version 1.2 of the MCU package to enable the above drawing. View attachment 4195 I will re-iterate that I have yet to test the LC or the Mini-54 QFN part of the package.

Attachments

• Teensy_3_and_LC_Series_Boards_v1.4.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,374
  • Teensy_DIY_v1.0.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
As mentioned above, the DIY library has been updated to include the MKL02 and MKL04 bootloading chips that replace the legacy but deprecated MiniTAN54 (still included). The MKL04 footprint has not yet proven and I would appreciate feedback re: the pin connections and the footprint.

View attachment 5250

Attachments

• Teensy_DIY_v1.0.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Confirmation: it works!

Just wanted to add one more confirmation that the Constantin Eagle lib worked very well for my custom build.

Will post more about my project, once I got the time.

Thanx again, Constantin!

_Markk

Last edited:
Hey glad to hear that and thanks for the feedback.

If only I could get feedback on the KL02 and KL04 in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back