How to learn ARM Cortex M3 Microcontoller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidborse

Hello Friends

I want to design my own Microcontroller Based Car also Quad-copter.
But I don't know how to proceed.
I have seen many Nano QuadCopter on Kickstarter. But I want to know how they have approached about it.
What are the steps they have done?

Thanks & Regards
Ravikiran D. Borse

If you are new to microcontrollers, the easiest way it to start with Arduino. The 2 Cortex-M boards that work well on Arduino are Teensy3 and Arduino Due. The Leaflabs Maple is also ARM, but the software support is poor and appears to be no longer maintained.

If you use Arduino, you can leverage many already-written libraries. This lets you focus on the actual application (controlling your car or quad-copter motion), rather than the low-level details of the Cortex-M and the chip's peripherals.

If you really want to learn about the Cortex-M chip details, which is unnecessary for just getting a real application to work, the most approachable text is The Definitive Guide to the ARM Cortex-M3, Second Edition. A third edition is planned for November, so if you buy this now, look for a discounted copy. All the info in this book is also available for free in the technical documents at www.arm.com, but the book is a much easier read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back