PDA

View Full Version : Problems compiling when using Servo.h, Teensy 3.0/beta7 Mac

diametric
11-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm using the Arduino 1.0.2 Beta 7 Teensy build on my Mac, 10.6.8, and was attempting to use a servo in one of my sketches. It was unable to compile due to various references to registers it claims are undefined. So just to make sure it wasn't my code, I made a new sketch that does nothing but include Servo.h, and get the same errors.

Here's a screenshot of my Arduino with the settings displayed (to verify I have the right IDE/board settings):

I've searched around for a while but can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. I also tried beta6 as well to no avail.

Paul
11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Here's my first attempt to port Servo.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/beta/Servo_prelim.zip

To use this, control-click on Arduino and choose "show package contents", then find Servo within and replace Servo.cpp and Servo.h with these files.

Please let me know how it works for you?

diametric
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Now I'm getting this error on compile.

pins_teensy.c.o: In function `pdb_isr':
/Applications/Development/Teensy Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3/pins_teensy.c:242: multiple definition of `pdb_isr'
Servo/Servo.cpp.o:/Applications/Development/Teensy Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Servo/Servo.cpp:463: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Paul
11-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Opps. Yeah, I deleted that from pins_teensy.c (in the version that will soon become "beta8"). If you edit that file and just delete the entire pdb_isr() function, does it then work?

diametric
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Yep it does! I was able to do a full 180 degree sweep with my servo. Thanks!