Father/son Noobs with basic questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmactech

Completely new to Arduino world. Son is interested in learning about. Have Teensy 2 and questions about usage on a Mac with 10.9 OSX
Downloaded Arduino software and Teensyduino software-ran the fast blink demo and it worked fine.

1. When I open the Arduino software, there is no reference to the Teensy. Should there be? How can I set it up with no settings?
2. If i have known good good and I insert it in the Arduino software and Verify, I get error messages. Is it related to the setup?
3. Do I get code to the Teensy from the Teensy loader or from the Arduino software? Does it become a .Hex file?

Be gentle please, we know very little about any of this.

Thanks.

JB

1. When I open the Arduino software, there is no reference to the Teensy. Should there be? How can I set it up with no settings?

The Teensyduino installer adds Teensy to the Tools > Boards menu. If you don't see Teensy in that menu, you'll need to run the installer.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

2. If i have known good good and I insert it in the Arduino software and Verify, I get error messages. Is it related to the setup?

I can't see your screen. You need to copy and paste those errors here. Or post a screenshot (shift - command - 3 on a Mac).

3. Do I get code to the Teensy from the Teensy loader or from the Arduino software? Does it become a .Hex file?

When you click Upload in Arduino, assuming you've selected Teensy in Tools > Boards, the Arduino software will turn your program into a .hex file, run the Teensy Loader automatically, which will load it onto your Teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back