OSH Park currently selling Teensy 3.1 at an amazing price

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulStoffregen

I just checked with Laen at OSH Park... it's not a mistake, they really are trying a low $17 price.

http://store.oshpark.com/products/teensy-3-1

My guess is this price might not last very long. Then again, when he started custom PCBs at $5 / sq-inch without any setup fees or shipping, I figured that couldn't last either.

Edit: These really are genuine Teensy 3.1 boards from PJRC. I know Laen, and I personally delivered these boards to him last Friday. Normally you should be suspicious of such a low price, but in this case, I can assure you, it really is real. Well, at least for now. We'll see how long it lasts.

Last edited:
Do you benefit from the sales of the boards from OSH Park?

You put in the development time and I have no issues supporting you.

Yes, you can buy from OSH Park with a clear conscience! :)

For PJRC it works out the same as if you buy from any other distributor, like Sparkfun or Adafruit.

Laen is one of the most awesome people in the whole Maker community. I'm happy to see people supporting OSH Park!

I ordered some Teensy 3.1's from OSH - purple. Maybe I'll take these and those from PJRC that I have, and make a Kaleidoscope!

I ordered 5 purple Teensys from OSH Park last Friday... hopefully they'll deliver them today, before the big snowstorm hits Philadelphia.
It'll give me a reason to be "Snowbound".

I love the service of both PJRC and OSH Park.

Sounds like I should order a couple to go on my v .2 carrier boards that I will be ordering up form them in the next day or two... Teensy-3.1x-breakout-brd-3D.jpg

Hi all~! Just checked their website- seems the price is still $17.00 each. I did not complete the transaction.
worth looking at.
thanks~!

Thanks everyone for posting about this.

Yep, they are still available and in apparently in stock. I ordered two of the purple boards on Saturday, and I received them in Chicago today (Tuesday a.m.) with just standard 1st Class postage - Two days sooner than estimated by USPS! ;)

(It usually takes at least two days for a letter to reach me from the suburbs just 20 miles away)

image.jpg

Got mine as well, I think it was 8 days to Europe, and only $2 shipping. OSH Park has a dear place in my heart.

Just put an order couple minutes ago to Indonesia. Amazing shipping price tough, but Chinese seller still the winner (free shipping mostly on ebay). Let see which one is faster :D

My Teensy 3.1 from OSH Park was sended Feb 20 to Brazil, unfortunately they not provide a code to track the package (the boards from PJRC I can track with the bar code provided), but I trust the service and I know I'll receive, the brazilian postal service is very very very ... very slow with international shipmment and I receive my packages by 30/45 days...

What did you buy from that cheap Chinese seller? Was it anything comparable to the capability of a Teensy 3.1?
Hi Paul, I'm just comparing the shipment :) how could I compare sollar cells, dc water pump, etc to your Teensy?
Trying to build a scrolling prayer time using Parola library for arduino, but I switch to your Teensy because I need more power, features, and memory. I plan to using bluetooth module to update the scrolling text from smartphone. Actually lot of ideas, but right now I'll just wait for my Teensy.

Just wanted to mention, I made a miserable order of a single board and the service was excellent. It came with blinding speed via first class mail. Make sure you don't throw the board away with the envelope!

:( I buy the board Feb 20, 2014 and I didn't receive... But it's a problem of Brazilian Postal Service... :(

I'll try to enter in contact with OSH to see if they have a number or anything to track my order.

Brazil and Italy have the slowest postal systems of any developed countries.

We've seen 4-5 weeks as normal delivery time to Brazil, so I would guess your package is likely to arrive soon.

God hear you! And we've to pay a tax of 6,XX% because it's a import and sometimes we've to pay a tax +60%... it's to cry!

Wow this deal is still going. I just ordered two.
As I am new to electronics I have been very cautious about wiring up my Teensy 3.1. Everything here in the UK seems to be double in price to the rest of the world, so getting 2 more Teensy's for the price of one, will stop me from worrying about experimenting. As I currently only have one Teensy I didn't want to break it, and that kind of stopped me from learning & experimenting.
When we were kids, we didn't really worry about breaking things, we just played & experimented, and learned things by making mistakes. Now that I am supposedly grown up, and have to pay for all my own stuff, I think I might have lost that vibe.

Having 2 'spare/backup' boards at a good fair price, is quite liberating. WEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :eek:)

I was very afraid of breaking things when I started. Before I learned about pull up resistors, I thought I had burned out the I/Os of an ATmega-168. I'm a bit surprised I haven't fried more stuff. My Teensy 3s have taken some abuse. I've occasionally switched power and ground. I've run LEDs without current-limiting resistors. I've shorted various things. I've noticed the Cortex-M4 getting hot when wired incorrectly. Haven't yet managed to kill a Teensy 3.0!

Maybe it helps that I don't leave something powered if it isn't obviously behaving correctly and I use small power supplies like USB phone chargers and a Mac with short circuit detection on its USB ports. Guess how I know this.

It is true that ICs can be weakened by excessive current, electrostatic discharge, and excessive temperature leading to mysterious failures later. If I needed to build things were reliability was important, I'd approach things differently. At this point I'm learning, so developing so experience with how fragile things are is part of the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back