Teensy 3.1 / Win 8 Halfkay bootloader problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

himster

I just recieved my Teensy 3.1, and have followed, I believe all of the setup instructions.

When I plug in the teensy, I get blink.

When I compile the blink program, it compiles and asks me press the button.

I press the button, and light goes off.

I'm using the latest version of teensyduino (1.18 release candidate 12-13-13). I am (unfortunately) using windows 8. Yup.

Verbose mode of the teensy loader does not show anything.....

I cannot seem to find the Hardware ID ("HID\VID_16C0&PID_0478") of the teensy........

Can someone point out where I should start ?????

Thanks and I appreciate it !!!!

Well, it sounds like your Teensy is probably working, but not able to communication.

First, try the easy stuff, like a different computer and different USB cable. There's also a number of answers to the most common problems on this troubleshooting page:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/troubleshoot.html

When you write:

Verbose mode of the teensy loader does not show anything.....

What does "nothing" mean? Even if you never connect a Teensy at all, the verbose info window should never be completely blank. It should at least have a line saying which version it is, and other misc stuff unrelated to USB communication.

One thing I can confirm is Teensy definitely does work on Windows 8. You do NOT need the driver (which the Teensyduino installer adds) simply to get Teensy Loader to recognize and upload code.

Thanks Paul - I'll start there. The verbose mode does show alot more than nothing - it just doesn't show any communication with the teensy, I think. I'll look at the troubleshooting stuff and get back to you all. Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back