WS2811 LED cube project description

Status
Not open for further replies.

freto

Hello,
I would like to present a small project made thanks to the Teensy 3.0 and the OctoWS2811 library.
It is a 8x8 panels cube handmade, and the LEDs are "painted" by Serial communication from a Processing sketch.

I am thinking to make something bigger, but hand soldering and debugging of the bad solder joints took me already too much time!

A complete description of the project is posted here.

cripSanta.jpg

Best wishes to all.

Nice freto.

Is there an example or tutorial on making the processing sketch for your cube?
Im looking to use processing in a project to light leds but I have not run into any examples on making the palette and drawing area.

For the 8x8 panels, you might check around the adafruit learning site since they sell 8x8 mini/small lcd panels, and you can find various bitmaps for the 8x8 displays (for example doing space invaders).

For the 8x8 panels, you might check around the adafruit learning site since they sell 8x8 mini/small lcd panels, and you can find various bitmaps for the 8x8 displays (for example doing space invaders).

I was actually more interested in his use of the processing sketch that he uses to upload on the fly graphics to the Teensy.
I have searched around on the processing site for an example of a color pallet and drawing area to no avail.

Thanks for your comments.
I added the sketch and Processing files of this project at the bottom of the post.

freto,

Very nice project, with great documentation.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back