Serial + Keyboard broken in Windows 8.1 x64 (?)

Hi all,
I've uploaded unmodified "Simple" example file from "USB_Keyboard". At first I've used "Serial + Keyboard + Joystick + Mouse" mode. In this mode serial works but there is no keyboard input. In "Keyboard + Joystick + Mouse" everyting works fine tho...

Thanks,
~JTK

PS It is Teensy 3.0 board :)

Hmmm, looks like I need to install Windows 8.1 (got a copy here, haven't put it on a machine yet) and look into this.

Realistically, it's going to be at least a couple weeks until I can work on it.

That's sad :(
Is there any way to work arround this? For my specific project, I don't need keyboard and serial at the same time. The device will usually work as keyboard, the serial will be used only in certain situations for configuration (and on these situations, I don't need the keyboard functionality)

Perhaps is there a way to programatically disable one interface and enable the other?

I've uploaded a new version with a new driver.

http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25046-Teensyduino-1-18-Release-Candidate-3-Available

I just tested it here on Windows 8.1 and I was able to use Serial+Keyboard+Mouse+Joystick, with Serial.print to the serial monitor and Keyboard.print typing stuff. I tested on a fresh Windows 8.1 install.

After installing this, you may need to update drivers on the previously detected devices. In the device manage, right click on the Teensy serial and use "Update Driver Software".

Please let me know if this fixes the problem for you?

Didn't work here
When I tried to update the drivers, I got a message saying the drivers are currently up to date
I looked at properties for the device and noticed driver date is 11/11/2013, is that correct?
I also tried to uninstall the device, unplug teensy and then plug it again, but got same results

Also, I'm on Windows 8 (not 8.1), don't know if that matters

I uninstalled the device again, but this time checked "Delete this device driver" (The actual text might be different, my windows is pt-br), this time it worked!

Thanks!!

Back