Teensy 3.1 Pin Assignments pdf

Barney

Hi,

it is possible to get tho original file for this pdf "https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/card5a_rev5.pdf"? I want to insert additional Information about the PWM FTM0 channel pin assignment.

Well, yes, but on 1 condition: I can't help you use Scribus, so please do not ask me to do so. The card was created with Scribus. This data does not exist in any other format, other than this original and the PDF file exported from Scribus.

If you make any edits others might find helpful, I hope you'll share them here?

Attachments

• card5a_rev5_scribus.zip
    14 KB · Views: 751
Since this is up for edits - Paul, any thoughts on using the clearer and more widely understood Master In - Slave Out and Master Out - Slave In (MISO/MOSI) instead of DIN/DOUT?

Last edited:
Re pins 11, 12 (SPI data)

the PJRC crib sheet card lists
11 DOUT
12 DIN

I've found that the "in" and "out" of these is with respect to the ARM CPU as SPI master, so
11 DOUT == MOSI
12 DIN == MISO

(I griped about the use of other than the SPI de facto standard official names like MISO/MOSI - because these official names eliminate the ambiguity in data direction, whereas DIN/DOUT are implicit and thus subject to error. As are TX and RX on UARTs at the module pin level. And the misuse of UART RTS (does not mean ready to send as oft-said).

Last edited:
Hi Stevech, Hi Nantonos
thanks for your suggestions and information. I have changed MOSI and MISO to the right position. In the wikipedia page i have found that CS are named SS. So i have changed CS to SS.

Other correction or suggestions?

Barney

Attachments

• card5a_barney_rev3.pdf
    345.2 KB · Views: 733
  • card5a_barney_rev3.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 372
No, those should not be deleted. They are correctly indicated (in pale grey) as the alternate pin functions.
To clarify, they should not be deleted but they should be changed from DOUT to MOSI and from DIN to MISO.

I'm seeing an odd glitch on the "2" of I2C (and on Serial2, less obviously).
glitchy-numeral.png

If you want to tackle the bottom board graphic document... As a noob I found it non-obvious in terms of the signal name labels referring to the inner solder pads, versus the board pins that are adacent to the labels.

One small issue with calling the DOUT pin "MOSI" is it's still the output pin if you configure the SPI port in slave mode. The "SI" portion implies it would be an input.

Then again, almost everyone uses the SPI port in master mode.

To clarify, they should not be deleted but they should be changed from DOUT to MOSI and from DIN to MISO.

I'm seeing an odd glitch on the "2" of I2C (and on Serial2, less obviously).
View attachment 1412
Hi Nantonos,

i see this glichtes under Windows not with Linux or Smartphone. Ich have tried different test:
1. PDF creation with version 1.3, 1.4 , 1.5 -> glitches exisits
2. Other fonts -> glitches exisits
3. Make pdf with Linux (Ubuntu) -> glitches exisits
4. Print out on Color Laser Printer -> no glitches!

I have no idea to fix it.

One small issue with calling the DOUT pin "MOSI" is it's still the output pin if you configure the SPI port in slave mode. The "SI" portion implies it would be an input.

Then again, almost everyone uses the SPI port in master mode.
I had forgotten that slave mode was an option.

That would be useful info to add to the SPI page on the PJRC site.
"In SPI Master mode, which is the most common configuration, DOUT is MOSI and DIN is MISO. In SPI Slave mode, DOUT is still the output and DIN is still the input."

I like the bottom-side lines/dots to the inner pads.
Did you want to add those lines/dots to the other seven inner pads?
Again, this is sympathetic to the noob seeing this for the first time.

Back