Gameduino2 is working well with Teensy3

Status
Not open for further replies.

freto

This is just to inform everybody that the Gameduino2 works with the Teensy 3 family out of the box.
I am not much of a gamer, but to use as a display for sensors and all, it is apparently a very nice device.

Thanks for posting that info. I just ordered a Gameduino2 with exactly that idea in mind - a general-use touchscreen GUI. The GD2 user manual pdf seems very well written, too. Hoping his library is a big improvement on the official FTDI EVE examples which are a mashup of MSVC and Arduino.

Teensy 3.1 - Gameduino 2 pinning

Sorry for digging up an old post, but it seemed appropriate to place it here.
For anyone trying the gameduino2 with the teensy 3.1, the default pinning is one-to-one:
Code:
        GD2     Teensy
GPU_sel D8      PIN8
SD_sel  D9      PIN9
MOSI    D11     PIN11
MISO    D12     PIN12
SCK     D13     PIN13

The last three pins are the 'normal' SPI pins and can be moved in the usual way.

To move SD_sel to another pin there is a define in GD2.cpp:6
#define SD_PIN 9
Please note: The pin 9 is also hardcoded in transports/wiring.h:10 and 11. Also change it here.

The GPU_sel is defined in transports/wiring.h:2
#define CS 8

Hello,

I noticed you have some experience with the Teensy an Gameduino 2, I also have a Gameduino 2 and Teensy 3.1, while trying to hook all up I encountered with some problems - I will be grateful if you solve my problem:

I connected all the Gameduino 2's pins as originally described to my Teensy 3.1, I made a few attempts of running a sketch and the Gameduino 2 only showed a white screen.

I tried to supply other power source for the screen from my Arduino UNO by placing a 3.3v pin from Arduino to the screen - in this case the screen worked well.

As it seems, the Teensy literally doesn't send any commands when the 3.3v pin is occupied.

Please, Can you advice me what I should do?

I will appreciate any kind of answering, thank you, Dan.

Are there any plans to port this lib to other displays?

I had a go earlier but it got very in depth very fast..!

Are there any 'porting tutorials' online?

I've had a look, but think I'm maybe not looking in the right places.

(Also, with datasheets + programming, how do I start writing libs from scratch for different devices? - IE. not just writing a lib, but writing one from scratch for any given device?).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back