FYIO - Wireless tag system - light years ahead of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3andy

FYIO - Wireless tag system - light years ahead of everyone.

We searched years for the right RF tag system which is low power, low cost, easy to use, long distance and reliable. We looked at several Kickstarter RF systems and even constructed several RF tags of our own and unless you are an RF engineer with the proper expensive test equipment don't waste your time and money.

The off the shelf solution is ...
http://www.wirelesstag.net/index.html
:cool:

I've owned one these systems for a couple of years. There's a newer generation that's gotten better with time.
The tags are great.
I have one on my garage door opener's lift-arm. My smart phone speaks "garage door is open [closed]", And the real reason I got it was that I can use my phone's browser to check if I/we forgot to close the garage door on leaving.
Another tag reports too low/high temperatures.

Some resist using it because the tag controller/reader talks only to their server. I'm fine with that. It's a free service.
The tags could hacked: it has a remotely controlled (by my PC/phone) LED an beeper.
The amazing tech. in this is that tag movement is sensed by a change in magnetic flux lines (tag 3D orientation), not IR motion or vibration. It works very well.

The tag reader is a little box with a tag radio (433MHz band) and a PIC MCU with onboard ethernet NIC that talks through my LAN/ISP to their server at Rackspace.com. Commands from my PC/phone go to their server and then to the tag manager/reader, then on 433Mhz to the tag(s). So I can configure, query, etc. from anywhere.

More than once, my phone, in my pocket said "Garage door is open", in a business setting. Often I hear "Is that a wife-tracker?"

The inventor lives not from me here.

steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back