Keyboard Emulator and OCTO how too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve01

I'm trying to find a way to make a keyboard emulator out of a Teensy. I've read a lot of pages that show different ways but I'm unsure of which path to use. Is RAWHID the way to go?

Here is what I want to do:
1. Plug the Teensy in and have it automatically be recognized as a keyboard.
2. Have Teensy listen for inputs from two buttons (Yes and No).
3. Send a "y" for yes and an "n" for no to the PC.
4. Use the OCTOWS2811 library to control some LEDs.

The idea is to have the Teensy be seen by the computer as a keboard so that I don't have to write code in my application on the PC that looks for Teensy's on the Serial Port then ID them. This application will be running on a Win 8.1 machine.

Just to complicate things I also want to be able to run the OCTO library to control some LEDs at the same time, so if you pressed the 'Yes' button then the LEDs would light up around it. Is it possible to use the OCTO library and have the Teensy be an HID?

Here is what I want to do:
1. Plug the Teensy in and have it automatically be recognized as a keyboard.
2. Have Teensy listen for inputs from two buttons (Yes and No).
3. Send a "y" for yes and an "n" for no to the PC.

This is easy. Start with File > Examples > Teensy > USB_Keyboard > Buttons.

Just to complicate things I also want to be able to run the OCTO library to control some LEDs at the same time, so if you pressed the 'Yes' button then the LEDs would light up around it. Is it possible to use the OCTO library and have the Teensy be an HID?

Ok, this can be done too. Just add some myleds.setPixel() and myleds.show() stuff together with those Keyboard.print() lines when each button press is detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back