Using Teensy2.0 on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently bought a Teensy 2.0. I have a Mac and am having issues with programming the Teensy. I am using Arduino for programming it. I have changed the board "Teensy 2.0" and downloaded/installed Teensy Loader. When I upload the sketch the Teensy loader is opened, but the Arduino software says "Please press the RESET BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch. Auto-reboot only works if the Teensy is running a previous sketch." My Teensy is running the default Blink sketch it comes with. Pressing the reset button stop the blinking permanently, until power is removed and returned to the Teensy. How do I upload the sketch to my Teensy from my Mac?

I would imagine it should work in much the same way as any other Teensy. So when you press the button do you see any activity in the teensy loader window, i.e. does it change to Programming... (with a progress bar) and then to Reboot OK?

In Arduino IDE, do you see Teensy in the list of available serial devices, i.e. in Tools->Serial Port you should see entries like /dev/tty.usbmodem341261.

Well if you installed all the software correctly and since you don't see it in the available devices list it seems to me that something's wrong with your board, a usb cable or your usb port. Try plugging it into a different usb port and if that doesn't work try using a different usb cable. If neither of those work I'm out of ideas what else could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back